Ed. Heuer & Co. SA, Biel, Movement No. 602807, Case No. 147028, Cal. 61 VAL, 51 mm, 77 g, circa 1955
A gentleman's as new pocket watch with chronograph
Case: steel, push back, chronograph pusher via pendant. Dial: silvered, Arabic numerals, auxiliary seconds, 30 min. counter, signed, blued leaf hands. Movm.: 2/3 plate movement, rhodium-plated, "fausses côtes" decoration, signed, 17 jewels, ground chronograph steel parts, ratchet wheel, Glucydur screw balance, Nivarox balance spring.
When it comes to timekeeping, Heuer is still a major player today. The company was founded around 1860 and in 1864 traded as "Heuer & Lambelet". Heuer was the first manufacturer in Switzerland to mass-produce chronographs; in the early to mid 20th century the product range included chronographs, sports watches, equipment for cars and aeroplanes and other timekeeping instruments.
After the death of director J. Alfred Juergensen, the company Jules Juergensen was lead by David Golay for some time; in 1925, however, Golay sold it to Heuer, who established a Juergensen museum in Biel. In 1936 Heuer sold "Jules Juergensen" to a company in New York.
机蕊 新款, 走動正常
机蕊 新款, 走動正常