Le Coultre & Co. / Favre-Leuba & Co, Le Locle，錶殼號 2434，57 mm，165 g，約 1900
Le Coultre & Co. / Favre-Leuba & Co, Le Locle, Case No. 2434, 57 mm, 165 g, circa 1900
An extremely rare, very fine and heavy minute repeating hunting case pocket watch with 2 jacquemarts and chronograph - probably made for the Indian market - with original mahogany box with mother-of-pearl inlay
Case: 18k gold, frosted, à goutte, elaborately engraved edges, case band and pendant, front cover decorated with a finely painted on enamel scene of a jockey on horseback jumping a precious stone-set fence, the back cover decorated with a fine polychrome on enamel depiction of horsemen accessories set with precious stones amongst laurel leaves. Florally engraved gold dome, pusher for seconds stop at "12", slide for repeating mechanism, glazed movement. Dial: frosted gilt, central small hour chapter dial with Arabic numerals made of coloured glass with gold inlays, screwed on polychrome enamel figures of two gentleman on horsebacks striking the bell, auxiliary seconds, outer enamel chapter ring with Arabic seconds, blued spade hands. Movm.: bridge movement, signed, nickel-plated, ground, finely ground, bevelled chronograph steel parts, ratchet wheel, 2 hammers / 2 gongs, pink gold train, screwed gold chaton, gold screw compensation balance, counterpoised lever, wolfteeth winding wheels.
Favre-Leuba & Co
Favre-Leuba was founded in Le Locle in 1815 by Fritz Favre-Leuba. In 1882 the company was registered as "Favre-Leuba, Genève", manufacturers of pocket watch cases and movements; at the time the firm had branches in Le Locle, Bombay, Calcutta, London, Fleurier and Versoix. From that time until about 1900 its main business was conducted on the Indian watch market. This watch was surely sold there - most likely it was either a personal or an official gift for a show jumper. The company, with headquarters in Geneva, existed at least until 1975.
机蕊 非常好, 走動正常
机蕊 非常好, 走動正常