Louis Recordon, late Emery, Charing Cross, London 英國倫敦，錶殼號 7383，53 mm，130 g，約 1805
Louis Recordon, late Emery, Charing Cross, London, Case No. 7383, 53 mm, 130 g, circa 1805
A gentleman's heavy English pocket watch with ruby cylinder escapement
Case: 18k rose gold, engraved family crest, engine-turned, engine-turned band, case maker's punch mark "LC" (Louis Comptesse), signed movement protection cap. Dial: gold, engine-turned centre, applied Arabic gold numerals, auxiliary seconds at "5", gold Breguet hands. Movm.: full plate movement, keywind, frosted, gilt, signed, chain/fusee, ruby cylinder, three-arm steel balance, blued balance spring with bimetallic compensation curb on the index, fine florally engraved balance cock, regulator tail according to Bosley with compensation curb.
Louis Recordon was a native of Switzerland and his first workshop in London was in Greek Street in Soho around 1778. In 1795 Josiah Emery’s widow sold him the premises at 38 Cockspur Street and he began working with Charles Dupont; however, they parted in anger around 1800. Recordon signed his early pieces with "Recordon, late Emery, London". He was also the London representative for A.L. Breguet and the first maker in England to produce a self-winding pocket watch, for which he received the patent no. 1,249. After 1814 Peter Des Granges - who had been Recordon’s employee - took over the business that was now located at 33 Cockspur Street and continued it until 1842, when it was taken over by Edward John Dent.
机蕊 非常好, 走動正常
机蕊 非常好, 走動正常