Girard Perregaux, Movement No. 294362, Case No. 294362, 50 mm, 119 g, circa 1910
An exceptionally fine, historically important "Three Bridge Tourbillon", produced around 1910. At the time the smallest one-minute tourbillon, and still the smallest one-minute tourbillon with pivoted detent escapement ever made. The cage made by Ernest Guinand - Type 1. Timed by Charles Huguenin. Formerly with Bulletin de Marche from the Observatoire de Neuchâtel 1905. Delivered to Carl Leuchs in Frankfurt a. M. Sold to Adolf Haeuser, general manager of the company Farbwerke Hoechst AG in Frankfurt Hoechst. With original box
Case: 18k gold, monogrammed "AH" (Adolf Haeuser), engraved, in high relief ornamented with the view of Frankfurt-Hoechst and the company Farbwerke Hoechst AG, signed, numbered, gold dome with the photography of Luisa Haeuser, the wife of the former buyer. Dial: gold, auxilliary seconds, inlaid Breguet numerals, blued spade hands. Movm.: pillar plate, nickel plated and damascened with engravings: "GP logo, Déposé, number 294362, patented march 27th 1884". Applied pink gold bridges, parallel disposed, mirror polished and with polished bevellings, engine-turned and engraved barrel, goldchatoned, gold train, finest steel tourbillon cage with compensation balance, pivoted detent chronometer escapement and blued Breguet balance spring, diameter 31,9 mm.
Girard Perregaux' Three Bridge Tourbillon
The design of this movement was one of the most successful in the history of watchmaking. During the Universal Exhibition in Paris in 1889 Girard Perregaux was awarded the gold medal for excellency for it, which was the highest award of its time. The construction of such a small tourbillon cage was an absolute sensation in 1880. It took nearly another 40 years before an even smaller cage could be created and this feat required the hands of the master Jämes-C. Pellaton. Girard Perregaux' tourbillon is still the smallest ever tourbillon with pivoted detent escapement; only four of them are known:
- one in the Girard Perregaux museum
- one sold during an auction in Geneva in April 2002 for 531.500 Swiss Francs
- one sold during an auction in Geneva in October 2002 for 553.500 Swiss Francs
- this piece
Adolf Haeuser (1857-1938)
Adolf Haeuser was a German entrepreneur and benefactor; he was managing director of the Farbwerke Hoechst AG in Frankfurt-Hoechst from 1916 to 1932.
Haeuser came from a Nassau family of officers and went to grammar school in Dortmund. He studied law in Marburg and Freiburg and worked as a graduate civil servant in the Public Prosecutor’s Department in Wiesbaden. Afterwards he studied chemistry in Berlin and Bonn.
In 1888 he joined the Farbwerke (previously Meister Lucius & Brüning) in Hoechst and took the position of company legal advisor in 1889. Haeuser joined the managing board in 1904 and took the chair in 1916.
From 1914 to 1918 he was also a deputy of the National Liberal Party in the Prussian Chamber of Deputies. Haeuser later displayed some reservations about the quarrelling parties of the Weimar Republic.
As a jurist he specialised in patent and copyright law.
When I.G. Farben was founded in 1925, Haeuser became a member of the board of directors and then deputy chairman of the company’s administrative board in 1926. He retired in 1932.
Haeuser supported the extension of social benefits by the company with special emphasis on company health insurance funds and company housing. Haeuser and his wife Luisa (née Koenig, 1869-1953) founded several trusts in Frankfurt and rebuilt their funds after the inflation.
Haeuser was a board member in a number of cultural and scientific ventures, among them the Kaiser WilhelmSociety and the Deutsches Museum. In 1933 he was one of 18 founders of the Haus der Deutschen Kunst which was built in Munich in 1937.
Source: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Haeuser, as of 01/21/2011
Luisa Haeuser (1869-1953)
Luisa Haeuser was the daughter of Dr. Karl Koenig, one of the first directors of the Farbwerke. In 1914 an Adolf and Luisa Haeuser trust was set up, whose revenue was intended to supply benefits for employees of the Farbwerke and their surviving dependants. Since the Haeuser marriage remained childless, the couple decided to establish a number of large trusts, the details of which were stipulated in a joint last will in 1934.
The will stated that the artworks from the large home in Frankfurt/Main and the summer house in Oberkirch/Black Forest were to be distributed equally between the Städelsches Kunstinstitut, the Frankfurter Gemäldegalerie and the Kunsthistorisches Institut of the University of Marburg. Unfortunately the collections were greatly diminished by the bombing during the war; the remaining objects have been passed out as intended by now.
Source: http://www.frankfurt.de/sixcms/detail.php?id=771547&_ffmpar[_id_inhalt]=1836279, as of 01/21/2011
錶殼 非常好, 少有使用過
机蕊 非常好, 走動正常
机蕊 非常好, 走動正常